woensdag 15 juni 2011

Jimmy Beasley - Jimmy's House Party

c.1925, Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Beasley's early career in music was as a member of vocal groups such as the Aces Quartet and the Sonny Kenner Trio, but he was also a dynamic boogie-woogie piano player. It was this aspect of his talent that took him into the King Perry band in Los Angeles. When he decided to try out on his own it was as a pianist/singer that he began making a mark, aided by a recording contract with Modern Records. This was in New Orleans in the mid-50s and there seems to have been a deliberate attempt to emulate the popularity of Fats Domino. Backed by a studio band led by Dave Bartholomew, Beasley's records for Modern sold moderately well. Among these were "Ella Jane", "Coquette", "Jambalaya", "My Happiness", "Near You", "Thinking Of You", "Johnny's House Party" and "I Want My Baby (Yea, Yea, Yea, Yea, Yea)". He also recorded "Don't Feel Sorry For Me", a song that Domino, turning the tables on his emulator, also recorded with rather more...




1. Johnny's House Party Pts 1 & 2
2. Ella Jane
3. No Love For Me
4. Coquette
5. Don't Feel Sorry For Me
6. My Happiness
7. I'm So Blue
8. Near You
9. Thinking Of You
10. You Were Only Fooling (While I Was Falling In Love)
11. She's Good To Me
12. Don't Break This Heart Of Mine
13. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
14. Good Lovin'
15. Once More
16. Moonlight Bay
17. I'm Not Free
18. Harbor Lights
19. I Want My Baby (Yea, Yea, Yea, Yea, Yea)
20. Long Gone
21. That's The Way It's Gonna Be
22. In The Morning, In The Evening
23. Ready To Go
24. Early In The Morning (Please Don't Leave Me)
25. My Baby's Gone
26. Listen Here Big Brown Eyes
27. Rhumba Rock
28. Jambalaya
29. Rock And Roll (Nothing Seems Right)
30. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
31. Radio Id

Jimmy Beasley- Jimmy's House Party.rar - 68.4 MB

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten