donderdag 1 januari 2015

Little Jimmy Dickens - Country Boy




Country Boy is a four-disc import box set that collects Little Jimmy Dickens' complete Columbia recordings from 1949-1957 including most of his biggest hits, several sacred recordings, a handful of instrumentals, and much more. Dickens' music from this era vacillated between silly hillbilly novelties and maudlin weepers, which might sound like a jarring mix but actually makes for a more engaging listening experience when digesting a huge set of this sort. Dickens was an adept ballad singer but, because of his physical appearance, wasn't taken as seriously as he might have been. On the novelties, with his trademark twin electric guitar sound and humorous rural sensibility, Dickens made some of the most fun and funny music of the '50s. Country Boy unearths a number of excellent unreleased performances and stands as a well-deserved tribute to a beloved figure of country music.

 Country Boy CD DISC 1: 1. Take an Old Cold Tater (And Wait) 2. Pennies for Papa 3. Crazy Worried Mind 4. Golden Haired Darlin' 5. Country Boy 6. I'm Fading Fast With the Time 7. I'll Be Back A-Sunday 8. My Heart's Bouquet 9. I'm in Love Up to My Ears 10. Rose from the Bride's Bouquet, A 11. Beautiful Morning Glory 12. Lovin' Lies 13. Rose from the Bride's Bouquet, A 14. Lovin' Lies 15. A-Sleeping at the Foot of the Bed 16. Sign by the Highway 17. Be Careful of Stones That You Throw 18. I'm in Love Up to My Ears 19. Then I Had to Turn Around and Get Married 20. If It Ain't One Thing It's Another 21. F-O-O-L-I-S-H M-E 22. Hillbilly Fever 23. Walk, Chicken, Walk ('Cause You're Too Fat to Fly) 24. Just When I Needed You  

Country Boy Songs DISC 2: 1. When That Love Bug Bites You 2. Waitin' for the Tide to Change 3. Cold Feet 4. Out of Business 5. Bessie the Heifer 6. Lola Lee 7. I'm Little But I'm Loud 8. Bible on the Table, The (And the Flag Upon the Wall) 9. What About You? 10. Galvanized Washing Tub, The 11. He Turned Up His Nose 12. It May Be Silly (But Ain't It Fun) 13. I Wish You Didn't Love Me So Much 14. Bring Your Broken Heart to Me 15. I Sure Would Like to Set a Spell With You 16. On the Sea of Broken Dreams 17. Poor Little Darlin' 18. They Don't Know Nothin' at All 19. I've Just Got to See You Once More 20. They Locked God Outside the Iron Curtain 21. Brother, Do You Take Time to Pray 22. Hot Diggity Dog 23. Waitress, Waitress 24. On the Sea of Broken Dreams - (alternate take) Country Boy Album DISC 3: 1. No Tears in Heaven 2. He Spoke Not a Word 3. That Little Old Country Church House 4. Take Up Thy Cross 5. Just a Closer Walk With Thee 6. Old Country Preacher, The 7. Take My Hand, Precious Lord 8. I Shall Not Be Moved 9. Wedding Bell Waltz 10. You Don't Have Love at All 11. I'm Gettin' Nowhere Fast 12. Love Must Be Catching 13. Thick and Thin 14. Teardrops (Fell Like Raindrops) 15. Sidemeat and Cabbage 16. Forever Is Too Long to Be Alone 17. Would You Mind? 18. I'll Dance at Your Wedding (If You'll Marry Me) 19. I'm Making Love to a Stranger 20. Barefooted Little Cowboy 21. No Place Like Home on Christmas 22. Rockin' With Red 23. Y'all Come 24. Out Behind the Barn 25. Love Song of the Bayou 26. You Better Not Do That 27. Closing Time

 Country Boy CD DISC 4: 1. Slow Suicide 2. Take Me as I Am (Or Let Me Go) 3. Where's Willie 4. Blackeyed Joe's 5. Ribbon and a Rose, A 6. Stinky Passed the Hat Around 7. Salty Boogie 8. Conscience (Set Me Free) 9. We Could 10. Hey Worm! (You Wanna Wiggle) 11. Where Did the Sunshine Go? 12. I'm Braver Now 13. Are You Insured Beyond the Grave 14. When They Get Too Rough (They're Just Right for Me) 15. I Feel Right for You (But I Can't Quite Reach You) 16. Big Sandy 17. It Scares Me Half to Death 18. You Gotta Have a Heartbreak 19. Red Wing - (TRUE instrumental) 20. Country Boy Bounce - (TRUE instrumental) 21. Buddy's Boogie - (TRUE instrumental) 22. Raisin' the Dickens - (TRUE instrumental) 23. I Never Thought It Would Happen to Me 24. Say It Now 25. I'm Coming Over Tonight 26. Cornbread and Buttermilk 27. I Don't Love You Anymore 28. Happy Heartaches 29. Last Time, The 30. Let's Quit Before We Start

Little_Jimmy_Dickens_-_Country_Boy_(4CD)_@320.rar

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten